If setting up a new Google Workspace email address to pull into MS Outlook, sometimes you will get a syncing error, asking to input your password over and over again, and it still doesn’t work. Or, you changed your email password and Outlook says it cannot sync and asks over and over for your password. Here are two tricks I use.
First try: APP Password to correct Office 365 Outlook not syncing
- You’ll need to create an App Password in your Google account. Open your web browser and sign into your Google Account. If you don’t know where to go, click on the square of 9 dots in the upper right, and click on Account there.
- On the left to menu click Security.
- Scroll down to 2-Step Verification and click the right arrow to expand it.
- Scroll to the bottom for the App Passwords section.
- Click the arrow to open the App Password generator
- Under Select App, choose Windows.
- Under Select Device, choose the device you are using for Outlook (MS Windows)
- Click Generate.
- This is the password you need to input into your Outlook when it is asking for your password.